Applicants can submit their application via the online application system by clicking the following button.
Please upload the following list of documents to the Faculty of Engineering Taught Postgraduate online admission system: https://tpgadmission.engg.hku.hk.
• Graduate transcript(s) with grading system of all tertiary level studies (or interim transcript if graduate transcript is not available yet)
• Degree certificate(s)
• Degree certificates (For applicant with Mainland China qualification)
(i) Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate issued by CHSI (学信网) & CHESICC (全国高等学校学生信息咨询与就业指导中心); and
(ii) Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree* (學士學位證書)
* Credential Report of the Bachelor Degree Certificate issued by CDGDC (学位与研究生教育发展中心) is also acceptable.
• English Language proficiency test score report, such as TOEFL or IELTS (only for applicants with qualifications from institutions outside Hong Kong where the language of instruction and/or examination is not English)
• Proof of Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) / average grade / average mark (If the transcript does not show the cumulative GPA / average grade / average mark, or no school proof is available, please complete the online form in the TPg system).
• Official proof of class ranking, if available
• A curriculum vitae (C.V.)
• Identity documents; Visa / Entry Permit (if applicable)
Applicants are not required to submit original documents during the application stage. Should an applicant be given an admission offer by the Programme, he/she will receive notification of the need to submit original/certified true copy* of the documents to the MSc(CompSc) Programme Office.
Please note that documents once submitted will not be returned, and will be destroyed if the application is unsuccessful.
*The University will only ACCEPT originals and copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public.
The application fee is HK$300 (non-refundable), paid by credit card online.
December 29, 2023
12:00nn (HKT), April 12, 2024
|Class commencement||September 2024|
To be considered for a round, you must submit a complete application, including all online / mail-in materials by the day of the deadline.
The results for admission in September are normally available by July of the same year. Hence, applicants who do not hear from the Faculty of Engineering by July 31, 2024 may assume the application to be unsuccessful.